Masz konto? Rejestracja

Complaining about restrictions

Lerrdy

This thread is mainly aimed at Draglar and his criticism of the weapon restrictions, but since there are currently no weapon restrictions I´d like to use this thread as an opportunity to discuss ALL of the restrictions I imposed on the server in the last 3 weeks .

First of all let me explain why I felt the need to add all of these restrictions like map-pools, anti-soundboard and other since that is the thing that you seemed to criticize in your original post... You can skip this paragraph if you are not interested in an explanation and would like to discuss only the restrictions themselves.

I first started working on ggeasy when I offered my help to Malgo when you guys switched from Windows to Linux. I was introduced to the mod-team which comprised of Kubson and Malgo and shortly after that we started resolving all of the issues you guys had at the time together. We had the majority of the issues fixed in about 3 weeks which was comical to me at the time considering the server was unplayable for months after the OS change. The server recovered nicely and the playerbase got back together stronger than ever and the server was full most of the time. I added some more features that I considered to be needed and then swiftly departed roughly 4 months after I initially started (can´t remember exactly how much time has passed). I felt like my job was done and I was happy to what state we got the server to.I was away for roughly 3 months and then decided to take a look on how the server is doing and I find out that the server is in a complete fucking shithole. I came back right at the middle of the decline in the GameTrackers graph you used in the meme you sent. The community has become shit, the admin team has become a bunch of pussies that argue about who insulted who, the only thing untouched was the server itself which I guess Kubson and Malgo took a good care of. And so I ask around, I ask royalso why he left, I ask shady what happened, I ask high-profile, active, skilled players what happened and I pretty much get a uniform answer. The community became toxic and unfriendly to be in and so players left. And so I get a list of people that trolled the most, and I get a bunch of information on how they managed to get the community torn apart in such a short amount of time. The main thing I received complaints about is players playing earrape until most of the players leave, second thing was wasting maps and nominating maps that diminish the player-count.

I will not go deeper into the admin team issues, nor the community issues, Those matters will be resolved privately and any information that the public should know will be announced on discord or on the forum. I am simply here to explain the restrictions.

So now that I explained how I got back into this mess I can explain why restrictions in general were my best option.
A lot of drastic changes in how and for what players get punished were made ever since I came back. Now lets say that a player that played on the server months ago(back when the server was without any issues) joins, and starts using soundboard excessively since he used to do it all the time and was never punished for it. Muting that player would confuse him or even anger him because he never knew what happened on the server while he was gone. Now lets say that instead of having to mute him manually, I make something that does it automatically and even warns him that he cannot spam soundboards anymore. Now he either continues to spam and gets muted regardless, or he acknowledges that he should not use a soundboard anymore and stops. Either way doing this automatically using a plugin that restricts players from using them is much more convenient than doing it manually. Also me or other admins cannot be on the server 24/7, so issuing a restriction and letting a plugin do it automatically is the best option. Also remember that it is very simple to by-pass this restriction via a virtual cable, but even though it is very simple pretty much nobody plays anything that could be considered malicious anymore. And this resolved the first issue I was faced by.

Since you did not criticize the map-pools and the nominations restrictions you either dont know that they even exist or you dont have any problems with them. Either way if you want me to I can go into greater detail about these as well but right now I find it pretty self-explanatory.

Weapon restrictions was something that Malgo introduced in one of his changelogs. And even though I reverted the change pretty much instantly I did agree and still do with Malgos decision. Auto-snipers have nothing to do with ZE and are not needed in ZE whatsoever. BUT here is where we get deeper into the restrictions. None of the restrictions I added to this day interfere with the players ability to play ZE whatsoever, you can still enjoy your game of ZE without soundboards, you can still enjoy your game of ZE without nominating a surf map every time it becomes available, but I can see players using an auto-sniper when they get bored of actually playing the mode properly. And thus the weapons came back but their knockback has been lowered... You can still effectively defend with these weapons, but they became useless for boosting.

And now let me get into why I replied to your original post the way I did. 3 restrictions, is it really that much to ask? Nothing else than these three restrictions changed ( apart from plugins) .  Don´t boost, do not waste maps and do not spam soundboards. These are all things that are heavily monitored on other servers and doing them will get you kicked muted or banned pretty quickly on them . None of these restrictions made even a small dent in the graph you used because most of the players never even notice these restrictions. Guess what, most of the players do not need a soundboard for them to have fun while playing ZE. Same goes for boosting.

And now I can get to the point of this thread. I have always been and always will be open to suggestions. You seem to think that you know a much better way to resolve things, even translating some polish phrase that makes no sense in czech. And that is why I would like to ask you for your extended and deep opinion, Also I can not find the suggestion you mentioned in your reply to me. "  I gave one in my last post (choosing and announcing an hour for regular and recognizable players, tryhards). I got many upvotes but no responses." Please post the link to this suggestion or rephrase it to me personally on steam or discord. I would like to let you know that I am open to lifting these restrictions IF you suggest any other options on how to solve the core issues I talked about in the first paragraph. Opinions of other players are always welcome too , even though I already know most of yours opinions on this matter.

Also to address the line in your reply that you never complained about trolls but that you wanted to "minimize the randomness of choices". The whole voting system is built upon the premise that a player can make a seemingly "random" decision and vote for whatever he wants. What you originally complained about months ago was that players that do not want to vote and players that are new will always vote for the option on number 4, or the option that is closest to their left hand. You not only complained about this on the forums but also complained on voice in-game. Since I was still active at the time I got the stuff you were saying translated from another player because I was actually interested in your opinion since you were one of the more active ones and your opinion mattered to me.

I sincerely hope you and others can reply with their honest opinions about the restrictions and that together we can find a compromise that can satisfy us all. Thanks for reading. Also please reply in polish so that you can express your feelings without the language-barrier.
Odpowiedz

Piter12237

Powiem tak Lerrdy odwalasz zajebistą robotę dla naszego serwera więc nie przejmuj się takimi memami wyciągniętymi kompletnie z dupy bo ktoś się spłakał. Pozdrowionka.
[Obrazek: sig.php?player_id=55&background=random]
/12237
Odpowiedz

Lerrdy

Well thanks I appreciate it but my intention was never to brag or complain and I hope that I did not convey that through this. My aim was simply to explain my side of the restrictions and ask the community about their side. I am happy that Draglar will take the time to reply and suggest his options on how to solve the issues and rebuild the community.

Also I found the meme draglar posted funny, I do not have anything against it. But what saddens me about it is that it may seem like these restrictions were the main cause why the server got a lower rank, and that is why I felt the need to explain why these restrictions were enforced in the first place.

Thanks for the reply.
Odpowiedz

Meringer

Moim zdaniem ciężko będzie odbudować tą społeczność, natomiast trzeba szkolić nowych graczy, którzy będą mogli przejąć naszą pałeczkę. Często niestety bywa tak że ludzie boją się prowadzić map bądź zupełnie używać mikrofonu. Jest mnóstwo osób ktore znają mapy, ale nie chcą pomagać nowym graczom z niewiadomego powodu, co skutkuje tym że odchodzą. Co do bindow, czy jest szansa na dodanie komendy do włączania i wyłączania tego pluginu? Powiedzmy
ze gdy jest administrator na serwerze może na bieżąco mutować osoby nadużywające tej funkcji, natomiast bez administracji plugin działa automatycznie
Odpowiedz

Draglar

First and foremost I would like to thank you for such precise and complex repsonse. I'm of an opinion that among all players and admins you did the most for this server sake for last several months, saving it from complete disaster.

It seems that reaction to my meme was more serious than I expected. First off: I don't care about playing here as much as a few months ago. For some reasons I won't play as often as I used to. However it's sad to watch such decline and I'd like to play once in while with a good team. I don't pretend to know best. My meme was suppose to signal that cosmetic changes won't improve this situation significantly. And sometimes they may discourage some players (I personally like playing with scar or revolver. And I'm known for expressing myself with slam program more than with my own voice xD). Since weapons are unlocked, there is no topic about them. I didn't know that, I just looked at changelog amazed that about one third of all weapons are banned now xD I was always against banning weapons (except awp and scout maybe), claiming that we need to ban trolls instead of banning weapons that trolls use. Moreover I don't think that boosting zombies in an unwanted direction was so frequent that would significantly ruin the game.

Regarding anti-soundboard, obviously its of my own interest, having ~700 audio files in slam, being known for using them in many occasions. Most of my "binds" are short, several seconds long that annoy almost noone. Most of the people react positively. It's a long tradition of using soundboard on this server. I can imagine that you don't "feel it" this way, one needs to know Polish and its inside memes to appreciate it (trolling with soundboard in counter strike became very popular on polish youtube). When you use soundboard in a proper way, it can be funny, entertaining, diversifing gameplay. Many players, including admins, have their own sets of audio files. All things considered, I suppose soundboard had positive profit and loss balance.

Btw: why was Big Smoke banned?
As I haven't played much during last two months I'm uninformed and I can't asses the scale of earrape spamming trolls problem. I can imagine that with inactive admins there was a need for system solution. I don't agree with it, but I understand it (as long as spammers are real problem, not single incindents).

"Now lets say that a player that played on the server months ago(back when the server was without any issues) joins, and starts using soundboard excessively since he used to do it all the time and was never punished for it. Muting that player would confuse him or even anger him because he never knew what happened on the server while he was gone"

It seems to explain my single incident on ridorana from May. I played music during game since noone cared to do anything to win even the first round, there was no leader (roughly 0:5 on a board). And I got muted without warning by Malgo. I didn't appeal for I didn't care much. However it was unexpected that guy who was playing earrapes during lasers on this and other servers got triggered in such situation. Warning would be enough for me as always. But if there was already a big problem with spammers, I can somehow understand his reaction.

"Now lets say that instead of having to mute him manually, I make something that does it automatically and even warns him that he cannot spam soundboards anymore. Now he either continues to spam and gets muted regardless, or he acknowledges that he should not use a soundboard anymore and stops. "

a) lets say, third time he is getting perm mute, problem solved
b) if a warning is enough, problem solved

For some strange reason, many players still don't know how to personally mute someone...
I have an idea. Is it possible to make new option that would allow to disable soundboard with a command for players who don't want to hear it? When sb is using soundboard, the tutorial inscription appears on a screen with a new command that enable/disable listening to it. With an option to remember your choice.
Or, at least, a tutorial advice saying something like "!sm Draglar".

Meringers solution is also worth consideration.

"Since you did not criticize the map-pools and the nominations restrictions you either dont know that they even exist or you dont have any problems with them. "

The first answer is true. Second one probably would also be true ;D I had my own suggestion about nominations restrictions some time ago but it was suited to 35+ players.

"Auto-snipers have nothing to do with ZE and are not needed in ZE whatsoever"

I beg to differ. There are plenty of maps where auto-snipers are useful. Besides... using only bizon and negev all the time is boring. I am a big supporter of weapons diversity, I suggested 60 ammo in p90 to make it similarly strong as bizon, I also suggested increasing ammo in shotguns.

"but I can see players using an auto-sniper when they get bored of actually playing the mode properly." 

There is no clear definition what does "properly" mean. One can be an effective defender with auto-sniper as well (many times I was among top defenders using mainly scar - if map is appropriate for such a weapon, e.g. frostdrake). Auto-sniper also allows doorhuggers and triggermen to help defenders.

"And thus the weapons came back but their knockback has been lowered... You can still effectively defend with these weapons, but they became useless for boosting."

Good to know. Gonna try it.

"None of these restrictions made even a small dent in the graph you used because most of the players never even notice these restrictions."

That was irony in my meme. Insignificant changes (except nomination restriction which I wasn't aware of) that won't solve server problems. But for me personally these two restrictions make a difference to the disadvantage.

"You seem to think that you know a much better way to resolve things, even translating some polish phrase that makes no sense in czech. "

This phrase is even in dictionaries:
https://cs.wiktionary.org/wiki/vyl%C3%AD...%ADt%C4%9B
https://glosbe.com/cs/en/vyl%C3%ADt%20va...t%C4%9Btem

https://ggeasy.pl/forum/showthread.php?t...90#pid8790

Here's the post I referred to.

"ustalić jedną porę w ciągu doby, w której można się spodziewać przechodzenia ciekawej mapy ze stałymi graczami, z obecnością przynajmniej jednego admina. Np. godzina 18 jako pora tryhardów, ogłoszenie na grupie. To mogłoby rozkręcić trochę aktywność graczy później także na inne godziny, bo zapewne nie każdemu wybrana godzina będzie pasować. Z początku wystarczyłoby, żeby choć kilku ogarniętych wchodziło w miarę regularnie o tej porze podbijając liczbę graczy, zapraszając znajomych. Wejdzie w nawyk i jakoś się to rozkręci. Zniechęcające jest gdy ktoś kilka razy w ciągu dnia patrzy na serwer, a tu raz vortex na 20 osób, później bathroom na 24, raz fajna mapa ale na 18 randomów i w ogóle szkoda wbijać. Kiedy wiadomo, że o danej porze warto wejść, nie będzie tego problemu."

Set a special time, during which one can expect playing an interesting map with skilful and regular players and at least one admin. 6 p.m. maybe as "tryhard hour"? Choose a time that there are highest numbers of active players.  Announce it, make it regular. It would be convenient to know when to enter the server for playing something more advanced than bathroom. Initially it would require some good and well-known players to stay connected and encourage others. The beggining is the hardest. But I would also like to discuss other ideas and modifications to my suggestion.

I am glad that you are so involved and willing to hear suggestions.

Trochę późno na reakcję w tym momencie, kiedy serwer stracił już połowę graczy, którzy grali tu w kwietniu. Wypadało podjąć kroki zapobiegawcze wcześniej i nie myślę tu o Lerrdim, który miał przerwę, lecz o pozostałych adminach i zarządcach. I Lerrdy jako jedyny zechciał podjąć temat opisując szerzej sytuację. Więc Piter nie mów teraz, że płaczę wrzucając mem wskazujący na problem, któremu trzeba zaradzić. Jiren wspominał o reklamie, a gdzie są inne propozycje jak ratować serwer? 

Meringer trafnie ocenił, że brakuje nowych liderów, osób chętnych do prowadzenia map. Odejście Royalso jako głównego lidera to duży cios dla serwera. Część tego spadku popularności ggez dałoby się wytłumaczyć znudzeniem pandemią, ludzie mieli już dość siedzenia na dupie, co pokazują statystyki aktywności graczy w csa, natomiast serwer zaliczył też mocny spadek względem innych serwerów, co już wskazuje na wewnętrzne problemy.
Odpowiedz

Piter12237

(2020-07-13, 21:17)Draglar napisał(a): It's a long tradition of using soundboard on this server.

Nie nie jest. Skąd ty to w ogóle wytrzasnąłeś. Używanie soundboard'u w takim stopniu zaczęło się dopiero po moim odejściu z stanowiska operatora tego serwera. Czasem ktoś używał binda ale to było raz na ruski rok. Przyszła moda z zagranicy i to taka, która nic nie wnosi do grania w ZE no bo co puścisz jakieś blyat albo nwm darcie mordy jak ktoś zrobi solo i co posmiejemy sie chwile i tyle. A jednak z reguły kończy się to na zjebanym earrapowaniu albo puszczaniu po milion razy jakiegoś nieśmiesznego nagranego tekstu jakiegoś gracza. Jednak mi osobiście sama idea bindów nie przeszkadza i może być tak, że te ograniczenie może np. być zdjęte kiedy jest admin na serwerze.

(2020-07-13, 21:17)Draglar napisał(a): using only bizon and negev all the time is boring.

Najwidoczniej ten tryb nie jest dla ciebie. Bizon i negev jest używany głównie z jednego powodu. Bizon ma świetny współczynnik szybkostrzelności i ilości pocisków do szybkości przeładowywania a negev ma dużo naboi i szybko strzela przez co można zombie zaspamować pociskami. Bo w ZE w bronieniu nie masz zombiaka zabić dmg broni a go po prostu jak najefektywniej odpychać dlatego pompy oraz snajpy są kompletnie bezużyteczne. Bizonem można tak samo odpychać na daleko jak i autosnajpą tylko trzeba umieć celować a teraz w szczególności skoro osłabiony został odrzut. Dlatego nie wiem o co ten bój o bronie. Przecież w ZE gra się dla przejścia mapy a nie dla jakiejś głupiej broni...
[Obrazek: sig.php?player_id=55&background=random]
/12237
Odpowiedz

Meringer

Krótko i na temat:
1 Big Smoke dostał unbana ( bo przypominam że już wcześniej miał perma) od lerrdego, dostał drugą szansę. Po unbanie trollowal graczy, nadużywał bindow( min. Puszczał porno gdy nie było administracji, oraz wchodził na multikontach podczas tymczasowych blokad, dlatego wrócił jego ban permanentny.
2. Pytałeś się o boostowanie zombie. Tak było to ciągłym problemem na serwerze, gdy tylko nie było administracji. (Też big Smoke)
3. Wspominanie o tym ze można zrobić komendę która wycisza bindy i informacje o tym na chacie, gdzie 3/4 nowych graczy pyta się jak wyciszyć muzykę, podczas gdy komunikat wyświetla się co jakieś 30sekund.
4. Zamykając temat bindow niektóre osoby potrafiły puszczać jakąś ,,vixe" gdy nie ma administracji. Nowy gracz wchodził i słyszał tylko tą muzykę co skutkuje opuszczeniem serwera.

Jak chcesz coś więcej wiedzieć mogę ci odpowiedzieć

Pozdrawiam
Odpowiedz

shady

a mu sie to nawet juz nie chce tracic czasu ns cos rozjebywanego przez skurwione community ktorego nawet nie pobanujesz bo przyjedzie Malgo na rudym koniu, sypnie unbanem i sie przypierdoli jeszcze

pozdrawiam
[Obrazek: b_560x95.png]
Odpowiedz

Draglar

Piter12237 

Cytat:Nie nie jest. Skąd ty to w ogóle wytrzasnąłeś.

Gram tu rok i już rok temu było to dość często spotykane, sam się do tego przyczyniłem. 

Cytat:A jednak z reguły kończy się to na zjebanym earrapowaniu albo puszczaniu po milion razy jakiegoś nieśmiesznego nagranego tekstu jakiegoś gracza.

Nie wiem czy Twój brak aktywności w grze w ciągu ostatniego roku upoważnia Cię do wydawania oceny zahaczającej o statystykę, biorąc pod uwagę, że dopiero stwierdziłeś, że nie kojarzysz by za Twojej "kadencji" używano bindów. Tu trzeba trochę grać, żeby znać sytuację, oczywiście nie każdy lubi bindy. Earrape pojawił się stosunkowo niedawno. Ale skoro nie masz nic przeciwko bindom jako takim, to moja propozycja powinna spotkać się z aprobatą, z uwzględnieniem poprawki, o której za chwilę.

Cytat:Najwidoczniej ten tryb nie jest dla ciebie.

Gandalf Przejrzyj ranking graczy ggez na gametrackerze, dzięki czemu będziesz mógł darować sobie lekcję o broniach na ZE i twierdzenia dla kogo jest to tryb. Pisałem wyżej, że wolałbym boosta do innych broni dla urozmaicenia, co zresztą Małgo wprowadził i dobrze się sprawdzało. Wychodzę z założenia, że lepiej by ktoś grał nieco słabszą bronią niż znudzony wyszedł z serwera.

Cytat:Bizonem można tak samo odpychać na daleko jak i autosnajpą tylko trzeba umieć celować

Chyba trzeba mieć aimbota, choć wypadałoby jeszcze zdefiniować czym jest "daleko" i jakiego trzeba mieć skilla w celowaniu...
Porównaj bizona i scara na rizomacie, powodzenia.

Cytat:Przecież w ZE gra się dla przejścia mapy a nie dla jakiejś głupiej broni...

Tyle razy to było... "nie gra się dla kredytów" "skiny niepotrzebne", "bindy niepotrzebne", "rangi niepotrzebne", "tagi niepotrzebne" etc etc. Oczywiście, że najważniejsze jest przechodzenie map, ale po drodze jest wiele szczegółów, które razem tworzą chęć grania na danym serwerze i takie ascetyczne podejście minimalisty nie uwzględnia różnych powodów, dla których gracze preferują ten a nie inny serwer. Podchodząc w ten sposób, to przecież każdy z angielskim na poziomie szkoły średniej może grać tylko na zagranicznych, gdzie można przechodzić ciekawsze mapy, więc po cholerę w ogóle tworzyć polski serwer...

Meringer

Cytat:3. Wspominanie o tym ze można zrobić komendę która wycisza bindy i informacje o tym na chacie, gdzie 3/4 nowych graczy pyta się jak wyciszyć muzykę, podczas gdy komunikat wyświetla się co jakieś 30sekund.
4. Zamykając temat bindow niektóre osoby potrafiły puszczać jakąś ,,vixe" gdy nie ma administracji. Nowy gracz wchodził i słyszał tylko tą muzykę co skutkuje opuszczeniem serwera.

W takim razie domyślnym ustawieniem powinno być wyłączenie słyszenia soundboardów. Gracze ogarniający komendy włączą sobie jeśli zechcą. Można też powiększyć te komunikaty z podpowiedziami, bo w ferworze walki łatwo przeoczyć.

Therefore muted soundboard should be a default setting. Initiated players will be able to turn it on if they want with a special command. Tutorial tips can be written in larger font by the way.

Ok, a co z moją główną propozycją? Bo temat broni i bindów jest tu akurat najmniej istotny.
Uważacie, że miałoby to jakiś sens? Macie jakieś pomysły jak to udoskonalić, albo coś jeszcze nowego?
Odpowiedz

Lerrdy

Glad you replied. Straight to the point:

I agree that soundboards became somewhat normal on ggeasy in the last couple of years. But that also does not change that they started to be abused and overused in the last months. The fact that something is a tradition does not change the fact that it became something else than it originally was. What I also should have said is that these restrictions are temporary. I thought it was obvious, but judging by your reply I believe you think I disabled soundboards for good. That is simply not true once the server gets back up on its feet and we get a new influx of admins the anti-soundboard will be of no use.

BigSmoke was banned because he acted like a child. I gave him many chances, he did not take any of them and thus perma. Talking about the specifics of what he was doing could be a thread to itself.

Malgo can be unpredictable. I would love to say more but I simply wont throw him under the bus. But you surely should have appealed it. Given your status (of a guy that does not overuse soundboards), you would have got a swift explanation that soundboards are mutable now and an unmute since you could not have known you were doing something wrong. Hold us accountable. We are only people, we make shitty decisions too (admins as a whole).

I kinda explained it badly I think. Let me rephrase. Plugin detects a change in the voice_loopback cvar - Mutes the client and displays a warning - Client changes the cvar back and the plugin auto unmutes. Players that do this more than 10 times a minute get kicked and saved into a log that I check pretty much daily. The log has 5 clients in it for the past month, So people usually get the warning and do not even try again.

I do believe that redirecting voicechat to only selected clients is possible. As far as I know it would be pretty resource heavy and since I always try to make things light so that the server runs optimally I do not think adding it would be a good idea. But what Meringer proposed is totally doable and very easy. Although I would again like to make it automatic. Admin Joins - Plugin disables and lets you use voice loopback, Admin disconnects - Plugin enables again. I will probably add this once I am done reworking a couple of other plugins, Stay tuned in the #changelog channel for more info about that.

!sm is in the Help menu. Also I never really understood why players suddenly forget that there is a scoreboard every time they join a community server. Muting players by clicking on them in the scoreboard and muting them is possible. If I was to add a tutorial message in the hint, game text or even chat for every single command that the clients should know about then we would look like a Japanese commercial. I really do not wanna do that. Although using the game_instructor entity in csgo has been a headscratcher of mine for a while now. Definitely not for a tutorial message though. 

Top defender with a scar is something that can happen only here, nowhere else. I have roughly 4500 hours just on ZE and I have yet to see a good defender with an auto-sniper. I do not argue that it is enjoyable to play tho, but at the same time I will not back away from my statement that auto-snipers are completely useless for ZE. Weapon variety is something that can be easily done even without snipers. P90, MP7, Ump, Mp5, Mac-10, mp9. All of these are a good replacement for bizon when you get bored of it. You also suggested increasing the ammo in P90. P90 is stronger, faster and overall better than bizon in every way except for the magazine size. If I make the P90 mag 60 bullets as well as the bizon then there is no reason to play bizon anymore. And to be honest I really would not mind that, If you guys want a complete rebalance of the weapons then I am willing to rebalance the weapons. To be honest ZE needs a change. ZE as a whole has been dying for a long time and even though its not dead yet it is not far from it in my opinion. A complete overhaul of the gamemode is maybe what It needs, But I am not willing to take that risk while the server is trying to get back up on its feet. If the server settles on a stable player-count maybe I will revisit this suggestion. As I said I do not mind it myself.
Also I am actually already enabling all weapons on some maps, For example ze_platformer. That is a map that is simply fun, impossible to tryhard on it and thus also impossible to get mad for somebody using and auto-sniper for defending. But enabling these little devils on maps that actually matter to the players, and maps that the players like to tryhard on is simply never going to happen. Atleast from me.
You also touch up on that there is no proper way to play ZE. And I disagree. You as players (or atleast some of you) strive to learn the best way to play certain maps. You find ways to make triggers shorter, Bunny hop faster, Use items in the best combinations and so on... This same thing applies to the gamemode as a whole. We have been playing the same gamemode for who knows how long, and in that time frame we have found out what works best, and what does not work at all. There is a proper way to play ZE, but there is no rule that enforces it. For me the proper way to play ZE would be being an alpha chad who backpedals all the time never leaving his team and always helping others. And since you can not backpedal with auto-snipers that leaves only a bunch of weapons that actually support this kind of gameplay. But to also not sound completely naive I have not played ZE properly for the past 3 years and I also have not seen a proper player for some time now. I play it for fun, not for sport anymore, And I suppose that the other players feel the same. But there is definitely a proper way to play ZE.

You say that these two restrictions have made a difference to the disadvantage and that they are "cosmetic". You probably know that I cannot agree with you on this once, Since if I did I would make a complete fool out of myself for changing something that makes the server worse and is considered only cosmetic. I strongly believe that the changes I did made the server better, and overall nicer to be in. But lets not talk opinions, Lets talk facts and statistics. The number of individual connections per day has not changed that much, Not worse not better. What has changed is the time that the connected players stay on the server for. Before the changes it was roughly and hour, Not so long after them it actually increased to 3 hours of average playtime. As I already said same number of connections occurs, but more of the clients stay. Now we could speculate that this is due to something else. And to be honest I am gonna leave that up to you if you want to. I collect a lot of statistics and I strongly believe that the changes over the past couple of weeks have made the overall community friendlier, and the server easier to play on. But as always, open to criticism even though I cannot agree with this argument in particular.

I am sorry then. Let me rephrase. It is a phrase that I have never heard anyone use, and thus it does not make any sense to me personally.

Setting up a tryhard hour for players to complete maps, Higher credit income, Higher points income, everything. I have had SO many idea around this topic, Trust me I have been quietly working on something like this pretty much ever since I joined. But even though I spent so much time on it I cannot overcome the fact that this is more of a "players" job than a admin job. I can give you all the plugins in the world, for example a couple of ideas I had over the months: Custom themes for these hours, special playermodels, exclusive store items, Completely different look of the server, soundeffects, integration with bots, integration with discord channels or steam groups blah blah blah, I could go on for hours about the ideas I once had for this but I simply cannot replace the human factor with a plugin. This needs a dedicated leader who strives to learn maps and teach others. This is one of the reasons why I made a training server that offers the option to play whole levels and not just lasers. Back when shady and royalso were active they wanted to teach not only themselves but also other players how to play maps, "train the maps" and then play them officially on the main server. Awesome idea, loved to work on it but there is nobody like this here now as far as I know. This needs the community to pick a leader that genuinely wants to be a leader. I also thought about giving leaders a special permission group for themselves, so that they can mute, gag, eban, kick so that they are in control of the game and do not need an admin. If somebody comes to me and he would like this role then absolutely no problem, but this is something I cannot do by myself. Also note that this type of a leader has his responsibilities, and thus it would be optimal if there were more than one so that we are not at mercy of only one guy.

You guys had some discussions since your original reply to me but since I do not find much value in what you are arguing about right now I do not believe that there is anything I should reply to.

Thanks for replying, thanks for the suggestions. We agreed upon some points and we disagreed on others. I like that there are still people that can have an actual discussion, It is becoming more and more rare these days. You already know what to do if you have anything else you´d like to share. If there is anybody that is actually interested in the leader role hit me up.

Also if there are any other suggestions in general that you have posted on the forums and got no reply to please let me know about them. I simply cannot go through all the threads and find all the suggestions and then make a new topic because I would have no idea if the community changed its perspective on suggestions moths if not years old. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reading.
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości